1. “Plat will pluck plump plums plus fat figs”, my five-year old read this sentence today in The Ordinary Parent’s Guide to Teaching Reading. Ladybug was beaming after she finally mastered it. Lesson 50 was a challenge with its beginning blends of BL, CL, FL, GL, PL and SL. It has taken us all week to go through, however I am very proud that she stuck with it and has learned much.
2. Every Wednesday, my friend and I meet and try to teach our children the basics of the Chinese language. Kathy has taken the lead of this instruction and created fun flashcards for the kids to learn their colors and numbers. This past weekend, she invited us over to view a Kai-Lan movie and arranged fun craft projects. Thank you Kathy!
4. Monday was the 40 Days for Life mid-point rally. David Bereit, National Director of 40 Days for Life, spoke at our local rally. Please click here for more details and pictures of the event.
5. Sleep has been problematic for me this week. I am not sure why, but I have not being following my own advice of going to bed early. I know I feel better, and am more patient with the girls if I get more sleep. Does anyone have advice on how to fall asleep?
6. My big holiday event is Thanksgiving. For 13 years, Rick and I have hosted this dinner in our home for his family, which usually includes about 20-25 people. Next week I am to start preparation for this meal. My first task is re-painting of ten wooden folding chairs that I purchased from a church bizarre for $5 a piece. They are currently forest green, and I am going to paint them chocolate-brown.
7. 7 Quick Takes Friday is hosted by Jennifer at the Conversion Diary. Please check much more quick takes here.