Happy 2011! Here’s a glimpse into my week.
1. Monday, we were back on our home school schedule. I don’t think my five-year old was ready to crack the books just yet…would do you think?
2. Tuesday, I joined the Pantry Challenge hosted by Life As Mom. I am looking forward to reducing my grocery bill and waistline as I choose low-cost healthy recipes and get organized in the kitchen. If you have a great recipe, please share it! Join me back here next week as I discuss my progress on the Pantry Challenge Week 2.
3. Wednesday, we have Chinese culture and language classes with our good friends. For the next few weeks we will be learning about Chinese New Year. Check out this really cool link that explains the fifteen days of Chinese New Year. My friend, Kathy, does a great job of preparing the curriculum and facilitating the instruction. I make cookies and coffee. At least, I know where my talents are! Here’s some pictures from last year’s celebrations.
4. Thursday, my Moms’ Prayer Group also started back up after a break for Christmas. We will be studying the gospel of John. This week since we have not received the materials yet, I lead a discussion on “What is your Image of God?“.
5. I don’t know about you, but I am glad it is Friday. Today, I am taking a deep breath and rereading this post about surviving and thriving by Jennifer at the Conversion Diary
6. Saturday starts the Girl Scout Cookie Selling Season. My five-year old has staked her sales goal at 200 boxes of cookies. Her troop is trying to earn a t-shirt, a badge and a trip to a local indoor water park.
7. So, how many boxes of Girl Scout cookies would you like to buy ?
Please join Jennifer at the Conversion Diary for more Quick Takes.