I hope you are enjoying the 12 Days of Christmas. Traditionally known as Christmastide, these twelve days start on December 25th and end on the evening of January 5th, Twelfth Night. The next day celebrates Epiphany, when the Magi visited the baby Jesus. Growing up, Epiphany marked the end of the Christmas season and the day our tree or other decorations came down.
Here are some of my 2010 Christmas favorites…
1. The snow began to fall on Christmas evening. When I woke up the next day, it was still falling and continued to do so all day. On Monday, my husband measured 14 inches of snow in our backyard. My girls absolutely loved it. To me, it was a magical, and beautiful late Christmas gift.
2. The snow forced us to slow down, relax, and stay home. We took a break from home school this week, we slept late, did crafts, wrote thank you notes, and watched old Christmas movies. Mostly, I puttered, and read, and the girls played. It was down time we all needed.
3. Speaking of movies, our favorite Christmas movie this year is The Nutcracker. It is the 1994 version with the New York City ballet, and starring Macaulay Culkin as the Nutcracker. My tomboy liked the soldiers, my princess loved the ballerinas. I will not tell you how many times we watched in over the past week. Now, they both want to take ballet lessons.
4.My favorite surprise came on Christmas Eve when we received this beautiful bouquet for our dear friends, Cindy and Kevin. I have been enjoying it all week.
5. My favorite Christmas album is still by far December by George Winston. I listened to it several times this week, and really enjoy its simplicity. What is your favorite Christmas album?
6. My favorite Christmas drink is Prosecco, Italy’s sparkling wine. My husband and I shared a bottle Christmas evening as we watched the snow fall through our picture window. I think I am going to buy some more tonight for New Year’s Eve…
7. For more Quick Takes, visit Jennifer at the Conversion Diary.
Happy New Year!