For more Quick Takes, please check out Jennifer at the Conversion Diary.
1. We are having a wonderful Advent. Thanks to our cool Advent calendar activity set, we are learning every day about the journey of Mary and Joseph from Nazareth and the Wise Men following the Star to Bethlehem. That in conjunction with the Bethlehem Walk we went on last week, my girls are very interested in the Nativity story. Sure, my five-year old is still asking for a scooter, and a Spiderman car, and candy, but she is also asking about Jesus.
2. We have had snow twice this week, and it is beautiful. Here in Tidewater Virginia, we rarely get snow, and never in December. If this weather would have happened last year, I would be fretting about getting to work, if the orders would be processed, if daycare would be open… this year, I say “Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow…”
3. My little scientists took advantage of the snow, and brought out their magnifying glasses to look at the snowflakes. Did you know there are no two snowflakes alike? Hurrah for home schooling!
4. Here is the song my girls’ Sunday school class will be singing at church this week. Check it out, it is a very special song entitled Happy Birthday Jesus.
5. Our Precor elliptical machine is officially broken. First, my husband tried to fix it himself. Last weekend, my husband and his friend tried to fix it, but without success. Then he tried to assemble a team of “experts”, an electrical contractor, Radio Snack, and a trip to the automobile electric shop, with no luck. This week he broke down and called Precor. I don’t even want to know how much this will cost, but one thing for sure, I NEED THIS ELLIPTICAL!
6.Having less money=less Christmas shopping=less stress. What a wonderful Christmas gift.
7.I am looking for a new book to read, do any of you have a suggestion?