1. In one week it will be Thanksgiving, and the sore throat I had last Friday has blossomed into a full-fledged cold and cough. Earlier in the week, I was obsessing over preparing my home for our guests, now I am too sick to care! God definitely has a sense of humor.
2. My husband has really pitched in and helped me this week. My girls usually think he is “Good-Time Charlie”, so it actually kind of funny to hear him deal with baths, blow drying hair, and bedtime from the comfort of my bed. Being sick definitely does have some privileges.
3. This week we stepped back in time and met some Pilgrims and a member of the Wampanoag tribe without leaving our sofa. Thanks to my friend, Lisa, who gave me the link to the Plimoth Plantation Virtual Field Trip. This webcast originally aired on Tuesday, 11/16/10. There is also a great Teacher’s Resource Guide for Thanksgiving.
4. I finished reading the Mother’s Rule of Life by Holly Pierlot. I learned a great deal from the book, and have started mapping out my new schedules…
5. more on that later…
6. when I am feeling better.
7. For now, have a restful weekend, and hop on over to Jennifer for More Quick Takes.