Please join Jennifer for more Quick Takes.
1. As I write this, it is Thursday, and still Veterans Day. I would like to take a moment to pause and recognize the veterans. I would especially like to honor the sacrifice of the brave men and women who are serving in Afghanistan, and Iraq. With Thanksgiving and Christmas coming, I know this will be a difficult time and my prayers go out for them and their families.
2. In two weeks, my husband and I will be hosting Thanksgiving for 20 family members. At our home, it is a casual,easygoing event with lots of kids. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it’s about gratitude, family, and food. Amazingly, through the years, it has remained this way.
3. Last Friday, my Father-in-law gave me my late Mother-in-law’s China set. Over the weekend, I cleaned it all up, and displayed it our cabinet. On Sunday, we used it when he came over for dinner. On Wednesday, I used the cups and saucers when a friend came over for coffee. I am definitely not the “China” type of gal, but for some reason, it gives me a lot of peace having her set, safe and sound, in my home.
4. I am trying to maintain my early morning prayer routine, however due to the time change, my girls are getting up at the crack of dawn. I guess I will have to set the alarm even earlier…
5. My husband took the car in for a “recall” repair, on Tuesday morning. Turned out, Toyota had to apply some kind of anti-corrosive coating to the cable that lowers the spare tire. (Say, what?) Anyway, they contacted my husband later in the day to tell him it was ready for pick up. They went on to say that they noticed that the oil and power steering fluids needed changing and asked if would he let them change them for over $200. No to both.
6. I am suffering from one whopper of a sore throat and I hope the girls don’t get sick. As usual, the upcoming weekend is loaded with stuff to do, including a baby shower. Sometimes, I think that being a man has its privileges.
7. Ladybug read Madeline to Daddy this evening.