1. I am now a proud mother of a five and half-year old who can ride her bike without training wheels. Daddy took them off on Saturday, by Monday she was racing down the street on her 12 inch Spiderman bike.
2. This morning, my youngest daughter, Bumblebee, decided to go on an adventure at 4:30 am. My husband caught her as she was trying to unlock the back door. She went back to bed, but woke me up when she started singing ” The Guardian Angel Prayer” at 5:00 am. By 5:30 am, she also roused my oldest daughter. Of course, after the entire household was awake, she fell back to sleep. Bumblebee was still snoozing when I came back from seeing my neighbors’ kids off on the school bus at 7:45 am. This should be a “fun” day!
3. On Thursday morning, our 13 year old refrigerator stopped working. Actually, it probably stopped working a day or two before because the milk was sour. All perishables had to be tossed. I missed my 9:00 am Moms’ Prayer Group, because the service said the repairman would come between 10-2. What time did he come? 1:45 pm. Thank God, he got the refrigerator working again, however he said it was only a temporary fix. $250 later, the part has to be ordered and should come in on Monday.
4. I would really like to go to Blissdom at the end of January 2011. However, when I looked at the on-line registration, I realized it was out of my budget for this year, see #3. Maybe 2012…Have you ever been to Blissdom, or another blogging conference? If you had to pick only one conference to go too, which one would you pick?
5. As part of my 40 Days for Life community outreach mission, I would like to inform my local readers that this Sunday our Bishop will be celebrating a Mass for Life. Afterwards, he will host a panel on Respect Life issues.
7.This Quick Takes is hosted by Jennifer at the Conversion Diary. For more Quick Takes, please hop over there!