I can’t belive it’s Friday! This week and month is flying by! Here’s some highlights of my week:
1. We have been busy with home schooling and baking. Ladybug is on set 5 of the Bob Books. Thursday night she read The Best Nest to Bumblebee and me for a bedtime story. As for baking, the girls and I are having a lot of fun with our 12 cookies of Christmas project. Check here on Tuesday to see what we will bake next!
2. 12 weeks to Christmas, and for once in my adult life, I am not stressing about gift-giving, mainly due to the fact, we have greatly curtailed our holiday budget. It’s amazing when you have less money some old worries just melt away on their own. It is actually very freeing to me. I am looking forward to focusing on the true meaning of the holiday season, the birth of Christ.
3. This evening, my neighbor is watching my children. Rick and I are having a date night. We are actually staying home, I am making a simple dinner of homemade minestrone soup, salad, and streamed shrimp with Old Bay seasoning. For dessert, we are having a favorite of ours called Baked Chocolate Tart. It is a recipe from Jamie Oliver of the Naked Chef fame. Jamie suggests serving it with seasonal berries, or we like it best with whipped cream and Champagne.
4. Today, will be my third week I have participated in 40 Days for Life. I have met a majority of wonderful people and have also witnessed a minority of people act in very unChristian ways, however many positive things have happened over the past three weeks. Babies have been saved, mothers have been directed to the help they need, and I have joined a cause greater than myself.
5. It is finally feeling like fall around here, well, at least, we stopped running the air conditioning. The weather has been in the 60s and 70s this week, and no more rain in the forecast. Hurrah!
6.I would like to share this link to Mothering Styles I found at Steady Mom. There is a quiz that uses your personality type to help discover your parenting strengths and opportunities. I found it very helpful and thought you may too.
7. This 7 Quick Takes Friday is hosted by Jennifer at the Conversion Diary. Please click over to her site for more!