On Tuesdays, I usually hook up with Jamie at Steady Mom for her 30-Minute Blog Challenge. Today is no exception , especially since I could really relate to her post entitled Are You an Introverted Mom? In my recent voyage into self-awareness, I come to realize I too am an introvert, however, unlike Jamie, my personality type best resembles ISTJ.
Going on five months now, I have been challenged by my role of full-time home schooling Mom. Being a task-oriented gal, I am focused on learning how to be the best Mom I can be without going crazy in the process.
I would like to share with you some recent posts I read that have helped me a great deal in understanding myself. The first article is by Jennifer of the Conversion Diary subtitled A Few Things I’ve Learned from Having Four Kids in Five Years. I felt she was writing the “Know Thyself” section of the post directly to me. I need to print it on and tape it to my bathroom mirror. The other two posts are on Perfection, one written by Dan of Single Dad Laughing, and the other as a response to Dan’s essay written by my friend, Carmen.
So, did you read them? What do you think? Being the practical person, I can appreciate Jennifer’s tips on understanding my personality type, and my need for quiet time. I have also learned I have to pick and choose my priorities and things will never be perfect. This has been a hard realization for me, so I can definitely identify Dan’s and Carmen’s candid yet inspiring posts.
Right now, I should be:
- Cleaning my kitchen which looks like a bomb exploded peanut butter, jelly and milk.
- Weeding my garden, which is overgrown and probably has poison ivy in it.
- Exercising with weights, so I can strength by my upper body
- Sewing Halloween costumes, so I don’t have to race out and buy something at the last minute.
- Organizing my home schooling cabinet, so my child is not hurt by the avalanche of books when she opens it tomorrow morning.
But instead I am writing this post, and enjoying my quiet time so I won’t be cranky to my girls.