7 Quick Takes is hosted by Jennifer at Conversion Diary.
Here’s my weekly round-up:
1. Sunday, we started going back to 9:00 am Mass. We usually go to Saturday vigil during the summer months. During the school year, 9:00 mass includes Liturgy of the Word for children. The kids go to classrooms during the scripture readings and sermon. It’s basically Sunday school, and the ladies who teach do a wonderful job. This Sunday, my friend, who teaches the 3-6 class, asked for my help… here I am Lord, is it I Lord?
2. Monday was not a great day for me as a Mother. You can read more about the details here. However, the whole episode did have some positive effects on my children. Since Monday, both of my girls, but especially my five-year old, have been more loving and respectful to their dear old Mom. Maybe, I need more time outs!
3. Tuesday was a great experience at Colonial Williamsburg. I cannot thank my friend, Kathy, enough for the invitation and loaning her handmade colonial attire to my girls. Now, I know what my new sewing project will be for me and the girls. Hopefully, I will have the costumes completed when the Spring Home Educator Week rolling around in February 2011.
4. Wednesday was a catch up today for me, with unfolded laundry (although clean!) piled three feet high of my sofa. My three-year old was a great help in sorting and delivering the clothes back to their drawers. Bumblebee was so helpful and cheerful, she made this very mundane task enjoyable.
5. Thursday, due to the backlog of household chores, I reluctantly went to my Moms’ Prayer Group. It was a small group this week, but there were some very inspiring faith stories, so I am glad I took the time to attend. Yes, the housework can wait and I WILL eventually clean my bathrooms!
6. Today, I start my peaceful one hour vigil at the abortion clinic for 40 Days for Life. I am anxious, however I know the Holy Spirit is guiding me to do this. My neighbor will be watching my children, so they will be safe and sound.
7. Saturday, who knows what the weekend will bring? I wish you all a relaxing and peaceful weekend. Enjoy your families, and let me know what’s up in your neck of the woods.