1. As many of you know, I watch my friend’ s children three mornings a week before school. However, Thursday is one of my free days. Yesterday I woke up to a beautiful cool, sunshiny day. I decided to go for an early morning run in my neighborhood. I jogged for 45 minutes, and it felt great. The weather was perfect, I heard the birds, and it cleared my mind. I think I will run again next Thursday.
2. Speaking of exercise, in my Mom’s Prayer Group this week, several of the Moms shared that they prayed during their exercise routine. One Mom stated praying the rosary while she ran even helped to slower her heart rate.
3. Ladybug has three pages to go with her first Kindergarten Phonics book. She is so excited. We are also using the Ordinary Parent’s Guide to Reading, and on our third set of Bob Books, both which I highly recommend. Another unexpected teaching aid, has been the Leap Frog Fridge Phonics, we bought for her second birthday. We moved the phonic set into our sun room which now doubles as our school room, and have been using it daily for word combinations such as: bug,rug,dug.
4. Speaking of teaching aids, I love Dollar Tree! Their Teaching Tree materials are great. We use them for the weather, days of the week, and the upper and lower case alphabet, not bad for a $3.00 investment.
5. Wednesday, as we were taking our morning break from home schooling, and I was running on the elliptical, I witnessed my five-year old holding up flash cards and quizzing my three-year old on her shapes. For fifteen minutes, they worked together, way to go girls!
6. Some type of critter came into my husband’s vegetable garden, destroyed his newly sown broccoli plants, knocked over a few tomato plants, and even removed the lid from his water bucket. Rick fought back by purchasing some materials off of Craig’s list and building a fence around the vegetables. I wish we had a critter cam!
7. This 7 Quick Takes Friday is hosted by Jennifer at the Conversion Diary.