1. Peanut butter and chocolate to me are a match made in heaven. This week, I baked a double batch of Peanut Butter Blossom cookies. Yum, yum, fortunately for my hips, I gave most of them away as a thank you gift. The kids and their buddies are enjoying the rest…simple pleasures.
2. Thank you, Bozena, for the wonderful art supplies you sent home with us. Thursday,the girls experimented with the paint sets and had a blast. They painted pictures of their science topic of the day, exercise, and the Bible story of Miriam and Baby Moses. Bumblebee LOVES babies.
3. Thursday also resumed the meeting of the Moms’ Prayer Group I belong. The group takes a hiatus for the summer. Most of the mothers involved have children that go to our parochial school. We are continuing to read Kimberly Hahn’s book entitled Graced & Gifted: Biblical Wisdom for the Homemaker’s Heart. A great discussion revolved around the following statement “Lesser priorities need a place in your Plan of Life. If you do not plan for them, they will dominate your schedule. They can become the tyranny of the urgent than the mission of the important.”
4. After the storm formerly known as Earl, my husband captured about 45 gallons of water in his barrel system for his vegetable garden. This week, he has started more broccoli and cabbage from seed, since a rabbit eat most of his young seedlings when we were away. He also started bok choy. Unfortunately, there must standing water in the wooded area behind our property, because the mosquitoes are the worst I have ever seen. Rick sprayed, but unfortunately, I going to have to get more insectcide. I hate doing it, but we are all getting eaten alive this week.
5. Does anyone have any good inexpensive vegetarian dish recipes? How about a bean and rice recipe? I have decided to go meatless for Friday dinners, and need some inspiration.
6.I actually opened the windows in my house today, and kept them open. Come on, Fall. I am so looking forward to some moderate weather! What’s weather like in your neck of the woods?
7. This Quick Takes is hosted by Jennifer at Conversion Diary .