This Quick Takes is hosted by Jen at Conversion Diary.
(AKA the “rubber hits the road” version of 7 Quick Takes Friday.)
1. Sunday, I wrote about balance, and I focused on our Family Mission Statement. During this week I have been thinking about how I could make that statement a daily reality rather than a set of lofty goals. When I worked at a certain corporate home office, I wrote annual professional goals that reflected the company’s mission statement. However, under each goal, I detailed practical ways to measure it. In fact, I had the list of goals tacked on the wall beside my desk and as I planned out my week, I ensured I was taking steps to achieve each and every goal. Yesterday, I had an epiphany, I realized why I felt so out of balance in my new position of full-time Mom. Our Family Mission Statement was missing tangible, action steps for me. So, this week, I am asking for a little help from you, my friends. My quick takes will be in form of questions. Think of it as a giant meme, and please answer what you can or feel comfortable answering. I will use this discussion as a thought starters as I contemplate how I can make our mission statement an active part of my daily life. Come on, help a rookie out! Thank you and God bless!
2. Listen to God, and follow the Holy Spirit
How do you pray? What are the biggest obstacles in your prayer life? How do you overcome them?
3. Develop and enrich our marriage.
How do you and your spouse connect with each other? Date night, stay-at-home or on-the-town? Any low-cost ideas?
4. Educate, guide and nurture our children so they can get to heaven.
Do you have a family night at your home? Do you have one-to-one time with each of your children? What activities help or helped you connect as a family?
5. Live simply, so others can simply live.
Do you have a family budget? How do you keep your grocery bill under control? How do you give to others, talent, time or treasure?
6. Create a peaceful, relaxing haven at home.
Do you have a place of your own that you can relax in your home? How do you keep clutter at bay? How do you create a relaxing atmosphere at home?
7. Lead a healthy lifestyle
What is your exercise regime? How do you find time to exercise? How do you cook healthy but not blow your budget? What is your favorite leisure activity?