1. I cannot believe it is August! This summer I had few goals for my girls. For my youngest daughter, I hoped she would be potty trained and be able to ride her tricycle before her third birthday. Prior to my staying home, Bumblebee refused to do both. For my oldest daughter, I wanted her to learn how to swim. Here are the results…
2. Bumblebee is just about potty trained and is so excited. She requested not to wear pull-ups when she takes naps. “Mommy, I’m a big girl now”, is her reasoning. No accidents, so far this week! She is also riding the tricycle by herself . Sunday, she will be three years old. Princess Purple Pizza Party Pictures to follow!
3. Ladybug has now graduated to the level 3 American Red Cross swimming class. She was in the deep side of the pool today, and threading water like a champ. She is the smallest one in her class, but her instructor says she makes up for it in determination. Speaking of determination, she is anxious to get the training wheels off of her bike soon, very soon.
4. The two baby Mei Meis are enjoying their summer too. They have traveled to Florida, the aquarium, the botanical gardens, and the zoo. As you see below, they also like bike riding. Ladybug requested that their picture be included in this post too, “Because they are our babies, Mommy.”
5. Rick is really getting into being a city gardener. The fall vegetables that he started from seeds are sprouting in their small cups. God willing, he will have a bumper crop of broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower and onion this fall.
6. It is a miracle, it in now the month of August, and I have not had a professional pedicure all summer long. It is amazing to me how my priorities have changed. Too bad, rish-ARD doesn’t “do” pedicures too.
7. This 7 Quick Takes Friday is hosted by Jennifer at the Conversion Diary, check her out! Happy Friday!