1. This is my first volume of ”7 Quick Takes Friday” which is hosted by Jen at Conversion Diary . Jen is a former atheist who converted to Christianity five years ago. Check her out!
2. Taking care of two five-years olds + one two-year old= a good night’s sleep for Mommy! Speaking of firsts, this was my first week at my new job, taking care of my daughter’s classmate. We had a great time. Highlights include trips to the aquarium, the botanical gardens water park, and the library. Today, we had water gun fights in the backyard to beat the heat!
3. It was also the first week of my oldest daughter taking swimming lessons. She is a natural, thanks to her Daddy playing in the water with her down by the bay. She is in the four and five-year old class with seven other children. They are all just too cute. It is a joy to watch them.
4. It’s official, I am a home schooling Mom. I have filled out the form and paid my annual dues to HSLDA. I have bought all the curriculum and books for kindergarten. Two weeks ago, I went to a home school conference. This week, my oldest daughter started working on her phonics, reading, and handwriting. Next week, she will start Math work book. Next week, I will also send in my intent to home school form to our local school district. In it, I will include a copy of my degree and the list of curriculum.
5. 4.5 pounds to go to my goal weight of 135. Good news, since I quit my full-time job in April to stay home with my girls, I have not gained weight. Bad news, I have only lost 1.5 pounds.
6. Six days until vacation…I am excited. More details to follow!
7. Today, my FIL gave me a trinket box of my recently deceased MIL. He said to me, ” I thought of you when I saw it because of the inscription. I know you were worried about finances when you quit work. But it seems that, everything is working out for your family.” The inscription read, ” The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want…Psalm 23″.